Today we feature another tasty treat from Barrhaven Food Blogger Kim Ronzoni. Tzatziki is a seasonal favorite and today Kim Ronzoni shares her personal recipe that’s sure to be a hit at your next party.
A refreshing, traditional Greek dip/sauce served cold alongside grilled meats, Souvlaki, fresh vegetables and warm or toasted pita bread. Excellent as a baked potato topping!
- 1 750g tub of Astro Original Balkan Style Yogurt, strained
- 1/2 English cucumber, grated and strained
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Dill or Mint (optional)
- Place yogurt in a cheesecloth-lined sieve and set over a bowl. Place the cheesecloth-lined sieve in the refrigerator for at least 30 – 45 min to allow the liquid (whey) to drain from the yogurt. It will become thick like a cheese. Discard liquid.
- Add salt to the grated cucumber. Place the cucumber mix in a small sieve on top of a bowl, to allow the water to drain from the cucumber. Allow to sit for the same time as the yogurt. Squeeze out any excess moisture from the cucumber with your hands. Discard liquid.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, garlic and olive oil. Garnish with fresh dill or mint. Refrigerate immediately. Make this dip 1 – 2 hours ahead of time to allow the flavours to meld together nicely.
Looking for more great recipes? Make sure to visit Kim Ronzoni’s Kitchen today!